I’m a Christian (in Christ forever)
It’s Veterans Day this November 11th, but even more significant for me, it’s a great day since it is the day I understood things about going to heaven. I asked Jesus Christ to be my Saviour; finally understanding all he did for us on the cross. Our past sins, present sins and future ones are all forgiven.
This was in 1979 when that happened and something equally spectacular has happened since that day. I gained in more understanding of the Bible, especially Paul’s books which are written to us the gentiles. It was about 6 years ago that I started listening to Pastor Paulson who brought about a lot of understanding of the bible into my life. Paulson’s website on all of this. more of his site
I used to read Colossians or Romans or some other book that the apostle Paul wrote and I would get so much out of it, then I’d go to church and hear a sermon that didn’t have anything to do with what Paul was trying to get across to us. There are some nutty sermons and pastors out there because they have such a limited understanding of God’s Word.
Thank you Pastor Paulson for explaining how to rightly divide God’s Word.
Here are some good specifics to pray for other Believers in Christ from Colossians:
- pray that they’d be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.
- pray for fellow believers that they would walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, and that they’d be fruitful in their good works.
- pray that they’d increase in the knowledge of God.
- pray this for those close to you in Christ- that they’d be strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness.
- pray that they would be thankful to God and understand that we are the partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light.
- pray for them that they know they’ve been delivered from the power of darkness and are translated into the kingdom of his dear Son.
- (all this is in Colossians 1:9,10)
Heaven awaits everyone who puts their trust in Jesus Christ; it’s real. This life is so short compared to eternity which is why this is a very serious matter- where you go when you die.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8, 9