Don’t yawn yet, although this must be about my 6th post on crackers, but I can’t resist! I have some sour dough bread starter that I have kept going for a year now and it’s that starter that makes these crackers so good.
For starters they are good with puréed avocado/ lemon juice/salt. those are poppy seeds on top of this batch.
Turn oven on 375 first of all. I put about 4 tablespoons worth of sour dough bread starter glob in a mixing bowl with some wheat germ and oat bran and white flour.
- add a little water and salt.
- mix it around with a butter knife to form a ball.
- roll out on a floured wood cutting board.
- divide dough into 4 parts after I roll it out
- roll 1 slab of dough out at a time and sprinkle poppy seeds and salt into dough. try to get the dough thin. Use round cookie cutter to make em round like photo. Sometimes I just cut in squares. I didn’t even have to poke holes in these.
- After they are in oven for 5 minutes, I butter each one lightly, then cook for another 7 or 8 minutes.
- I store these in a big enough glass jar.